We are currently recruiting to fill vacancies on our Researcher Council, to begin on October 1, 2021 for up to a maximum of three years. As a diverse representation of researcher voices from across Canada, the Researcher Council is currently looking for qualified candidates who are committed to helping provide strategic guidance to the NDRIO Board to ensure that all activities remain researcher-centric according to Tri-Council policies, including OCAP™ principles. To apply, please complete the form below by Tuesday, August 17, 2021. You can read more about the Researcher Council here.
The Researcher Council is looking for researchers across Canada interested in participating in the continuous advancement of digital research infrastructure (DRI) across the country. Specifically, NDRIO’s Researcher Council is seeking individuals who are:
- From Indigenous communities
- Francophone and/or fully bilingual
- Practicing in a rural setting and/or in Northern Canada
- From the college or CEGEP sector
Candidates should also ensure that they meet the following requirements:
- Commitment to NDRIO’s vision and values and an appreciation for advanced research computing (ARC), research data management (RDM) and research software (RS) as components of the DRI strategy
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to provide advice and guidance to the NDRIO Board, management and staff
- Strong communications and collaborative skills
- New Researcher Council terms begin October 1, 2021
- Interested researchers should be committed to serving for up to a maximum of three years (October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2024)
- Monthly attendance at a 2‑hour virtual meeting
- Enthusiastically participate in working groups, as needed
- A minimum of 5 hours to a maximum of 10 hours per month of volunteer service
NDRIO continually strives to represent a diversity of voices, experiences and perspectives within the organization. We encourage individuals from underrepresented communities to apply for these Researcher Council roles, in keeping with our commitment to principles of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Apply to Join the Researcher Council
Suitable candidates will be contacted in late August for a collaborative discussion. A slate of nominated candidates will be recommended to the NDRIO Board and at the Annual General Meeting on September 28, 2021, with a start date of October 1, 2021.