Interim Implementation Team
On behalf of the Applicant Board I am pleased to announce the engagement of the following individuals as the senior members of the interim implementation team. This team will support the work of the Applicant Board as we undertake the community consultations necessary to define and put in place the governance structures required to establish the inaugural Board.
- George Ross, Interim Executive Director: George comes to us with significant leadership experience including executive roles in the Ontario and Yukon Public Services and several appointments as Deputy Minister. With 35 years of experience, George is no stranger to the research and innovation field, having led the development and delivery of critical investments in research and innovation in Ontario.
- Allison Barr, Governance and Policy: Allison was part of the writing team during the development of the proposal, providing exceptional writing skills and the ability to distil complex material into understandable concepts. Allison’s knowledge of communications planning and practices including event planning, communications strategy development and issues management will serve the implementation team well.
- Ghilaine Roquet, Planning and Operations: Ghilaine’s experience as Associate Vice-Rector/Vice President and CIO at the Université de Montréal and McGill University will provide the team with expertise and support in the development of potential strategic directions for the operations and services for the new organization.
- Jay Black: As a former CIO and co-chair of the leadership council for DRI Jay will provide strategic governance and operational advice and ensure important continuity with the foundational work of the community.
Consultation Sessions Schedule Changes — Vancouver and Montreal
Please note the following changes to the dates for our planned consultations in Vancouver and Montreal.
- Vancouver — Thursday, October 10 (to avoid the Friday before Thanksgiving)
- Montreal — Thursday, October 17 (to avoid the planned Manifestation on Climate Change planned for Friday, September 27)
All sessions will start in the morning at 9:30 and run until 12 noon. Additional venue details and background information will be posted to www.engagedri.ca prior to each of the consultation sessions.
As we launch the community consultations we encourage all members of the community to engage in these very important discussions — both at the in-person sessions as well as through our email@example.com email address. We will also continue to share updates and information on www.engagedri.ca.
Chair — Applicant Board