Company: New Digital Research Infrastructure Organization
Position Title: (Bilingual) Communications Specialist
Location: Remote, anywhere in Canada
Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Interested candidates are asked to supply a statement that details salary expectations for the role.
The New Digital Research Infrastructure Organization (NDRIO) is a national not-for-profit organization with the critical mandate of advancing the establishment of a researcher-focused, agile, strategic, and sustainable Digital Research Infrastructure (DRI) ecosystem for Canadian researchers.
Established in 2019, we are working with other DRI partners and stakeholders across the country to help provide Canadian academics and scholars the digital tools, services, and infrastructure they need to support leading-edge scientific excellence, research, innovation, and advancement across all disciplines.
Our mandate is critical to all of Canada’s academic researchers, our country’s ability to remain globally competitive, and our collective ability to benefit society as a whole.
The (Bilingual) Communications Specialist will report directly to the Communications Lead and work with other members of the NDRIO Communications team to help the organization communicate and engage with both internal and external audiences, including Members. The (Bilingual) Communications Specialist will assist in the development of communications and marketing plans, and the development and delivery of communications and consultation materials across various channels. The incumbent will help the organization further develop its use of digital communications, including but not limited to, NDRIO’s website, social media, stakeholder management software, web-based Member and stakeholder events, and email marketing. The individual in this role will also help ensure that NDRIO does an exceptional job communicating in both official languages, supported by NDRIO’s roster of translation providers.
- Supporting the development of positive and engaging communications to promote corporate initiatives and align with Member and stakeholder needs.
- Developing compelling written materials, including presentations, news releases and email communications content, identifying NDRIO’s unique culture, capabilities, and services.
- Updating (formatting/proofreading) documents such as annual corporate plans and reports, FAQs, presentations, and other important externally facing material, in both English and French.
- Developing and executing social media and digital plans to support programs and campaigns.
- Evaluating the results of communication campaigns with the team and optimizing them going forward.
- Working with the key internal and external stakeholders to brainstorm communication ideas that are in line with NDRIO’s strategy.
- Assisting in the oversight of NDRIO’s website and optimizing the ongoing performance of all online content.
- Assisting in the EDI Action Plan and other policy areas critical to Members and stakeholders, and NDRIO’s reputation by extension.
- Assisting in issues management, as required.
- Assisting in the nurturing of positive, mutually beneficial relationships with communications colleagues in the DRI ecosystem.
- Constantly seeking ways to innovate and improve processes, content and the overall value offering.
- Providing support for other communications initiatives and activities as necessary.
- Knowledge normally associated with a college, undergraduate and/or Masters-level degree in communications, journalism, or English.
- Significant, practical and related experience in a fast-paced, not-for-profit, post-secondary education, agency or equivalent environment is preferred.
- Ability to think critically and provide communications counsel that considers various perspectives.
- Proficiency in digital communications, with emphasis on social media.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Exceptional judgment and discretion with the ability to problem solve and generate action from ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Adaptability in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced delivery environment.
- Creativity and experience with a wide range of innovative communications approaches.
- Professional and friendly attitude with excellent customer service skills.
- Strong ownership and partnering skills – a natural builder and change agent.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Other relevant professional certifications are an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in both of Canada’s two official languages is required.
To apply, please send your resume and covering letter with the subject line (Bilingual) Communications Specialist to HR-RH@EngageDRI.ca. Please also supply a statement that details your salary expectations for the role. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply not later than Friday, March 12th, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
NDRIO recognizes that challenges remain in achieving the full participation of equity-seeking groups (including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQ2+) in research careers and is committed to identifying and eliminating barriers that may exist within its own hiring process, programs, and practices.