Company: New Digital Research Infrastructure Organization
Position Title: Senior (Sr.) Portfolio Manager
Location: Remote, anywhere in Canada
Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Interested candidates are asked to supply a statement that details salary expectations for the role.
The Senior (Sr.) Portfolio Manager reports directly to the Director, Strategic Initiatives and has a dual responsibility for the management of strategic projects and the setup of a project management office within the Strategic Initiatives portfolio. The Sr. Portfolio Manager will ensure that processes, standards, and strategies support the objectives and measurements of the portfolio, and the projects and related activities align with the goals and objectives of the organization.
The Sr. Portfolio Manager is responsible for the management and oversight of the full project management life cycle to ensure project success and benefits are achieved through the delivery of change. This includes overseeing the intake to initiation process, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing activities within the project. The Sr. Portfolio Manager will lead the design and setup of a project management system to promote consistency, standardization, and continuous improvement while ensuring high-quality deliverables and a positive change experience.
- Creates and maintains applicable project documentation and deliverables, including project charters, and validates alignment with business and system strategies; develops project plans, budgets, and schedules; identifies staffing requirements; and forms project teams.
- Oversee the management of project scope, schedule, quality control and budget across all phased of the project life cycle to ensure successful complete within established parameters.
- Oversees quality control throughout project life cycles. Decides the appropriate project management approach, procedures, and quality objectives, and tracks metrics for assessing progress. Defines, and ensures delivery of project artifacts such as documentation, operating and support procedures.
- Actively assesses, identifies and responds to all project related risks that could impact the project objectives or scope, schedule and budget.
- Uses expert judgment to escalate high-impact issues and / or critical decisions to the appropriate sponsor / stakeholder for support.
- Provides business analysis and/or project management during all phases of a project by:
- facilitating the collection of business & technical requirements.
- documenting, prioritizing and updating collected requirements.
- capturing and documenting current state and future state business processes.
- Works with project sponsors, senior stakeholders, and NDRIO leadership to address successful organizational change and secure resources from the necessary departments within the organization.
- Creates a central repository to store and maintains all related project artifacts such as project charters, project plans, change requests, status reporting and closeout reports.
- Establishes a project reporting dashboard to provide NDRIO’s leadership team updates on active projects and initiatives and highlight active risks and issues of the projects.
- Establish a recommended project management framework and methodology for projects to follow that are undertaken within the portfolio such as project governance and project management life cycle / process, risk and issue management etc.
- · Develop effective processes and practices to streamline project intake and prioritization, capacity and resource planning.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computing Science, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline, and Project Management Professional (PMP) designation with ten years of related experience, including experience in supporting or leading a PMO and managing the planning, execution and delivery of transformational change projects, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience working in or with the public sector and/or academic research ecosystem.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in both of Canada’s two official languages is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of project management systems and the development of project management documentation.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others both internally and externally.
- Excellent knowledge of change management and process documentation.
- Excellent ability to assess, evaluate andrespond to risks and issues.
- Excellent ability and experience with cost estimating and cost control.
- Excellent leadership, mentorship, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent resource planning, financial management skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills, with a proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent ability to analyze business or technical problems and propose and implement solutions.
- Excellent ability to build relationships and maintain rapport with stakeholders.
- Ability to negotiate standards, costs, timelines, quality, and other considerations with stakeholders, contractors, and consultants.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- PMP Certification
- PROSCI or Change Management Certification considered an asset
- ITIL considered an asset.
To apply, please send your resume and covering letter with the subject line Senior (Sr.) Portfolio Manager to HR-RH@engagedri.ca. Please also supply a statement that details your salary expectations for the role. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply not later than Friday, July 23rd, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
NDRIO recognizes that challenges remain in achieving the full participation of equity-seeking groups (including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQ2+) in research careers and is committed to identifying and eliminating barriers that may exist within its own hiring process, programs, and practices.