Company: New Digital Research Infrastructure Organization (NDRIO)
Position Title: RDM Project Coordinator
Location: Remote, anywhere in Canada
Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Interested candidates are asked to supply a statement that details salary expectations for the role.
The New Digital Research Infrastructure Organization (NDRIO) provides national-level research data management (RDM) support through its Portage Network, alongside advanced research computing (ARC) and research software (RS). The Portage Network collaborates and partners with stakeholders from across the research ecosystem to develop and coordinate expertise, platforms, services, technology, and training in support of research data management, with the goal of facilitating adoption of data stewardship best practices by researchers and institutions.
NDRIO is seeking a dynamic, bilingual information professional who has strong communication and project management skills and is eager to work on a pan-Canadian basis. The ideal candidate will bring prior experience and/or demonstrated interest in academic research and/or library issues, including research data management.
Reporting to the Director, Portage Network, the RDM Project Coordinator will provide leadership on development, communications, research, documentation, coordination, logistics, and overall project management for a variety of RDM projects and initiatives. This position will take on a leadership role for RDM in a variety of projects and pilots, both funded and unfunded, as well as other RDM initiatives that may arise. For funded projects, this position will liaise and collaborate with the Director, Procurement and Grants Management to ensure effective and efficient alignment with, and fulfillment of NDRIO processes. In addition, this position will support Expert and Working Group operations and initiatives in collaboration with other team members, and participate in NDRIO committees/initiatives as appropriate. Overlapping engagement with multiple current and emerging projects/initiatives is anticipated.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development and execution of RDM related projects in collaboration with the Portage team, other NDRIO team members, and RDM stakeholders as appropriate;
- Work in partnership with the Procurement and Grant Management team on funding calls;
- Liaise with Expert Group Chairs and members, leading or contributing to projects, finalizing reports and publications, producing related website content and other documentation, organizing events, managing project logistics, and supporting the operations of one or more Expert Groups;
- Provide project coordination, communications, research, documentation, and meeting support;
- Collaboratively monitor and contribute to the on-time, on-budget delivery of planned deliverables and outcomes and tracking of expenditures;
- Contribute to the operations of the Portage team by participating in meetings, supporting initiatives, and undertaking special tasks as needed;
- Participate on broader NDRIO committees and initiatives, as appropriate;
- Support the strategic development of NDRIO by maintaining an awareness of current trends in the Canadian RDM landscape.
- Masters-level degree in information management, library and information studies, computer science or related field; or advanced degree in a subject discipline with a research data emphasis; or strong applied research experience (research manager, research associate, data manager); or equivalent;
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, particularly the ability to explain complex concepts to a wide variety of users;
- Education, training, or experience in any of the following: data management, communications, project management, grants management;
- Ability to interact with association members, project participants, co-workers, staff of other organizations or government with courtesy, discretion and tact;
- Experience undertaking research, analysis, and writing (e.g., reports, project charters, planning documents) in an employment setting;
- Aptitude for complex, analytical work with an attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines;
- Excellent organizational, time management, collaborative and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to follow direction and to exercise responsible independent action;
- Proficiency with standard office software applications.
Candidates with the following qualifications may be preferred. These should be explicitly described in the applicant’s cover letter:
- Professional experience in an academic, special, or research library, or equivalent relevant experience is highly desirable;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in both French and English;
- Familiarity with technologies supporting web and social media presence, including: Wordpress, Twitter, YouTube, Zoom, GSuite, and survey software (Simple Survey, Eventbrite, Google Forms).
BENEFITS / WORK PERKS
In addition to a competitive salary and a rewarding career where you can truly make a difference in the Canadian research community, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that meets the various needs of our diverse team and that spans across Canada, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan, including:
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Mental Health Supports
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Remote Work – Flex Hours
NDRIO is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce, reflecting the values and principles of employment equity. We encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the groups designated by the Employment Equity Act when you apply. Additionally, NDRIO is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. Please indicate if any accommodations are required during any phase of the evaluation or hiring process. Information provided will be treated discretely and remain confidential.
Government of Canada information on employment equity and designated groups can be found here.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter with the subject line RDM Project Coordinator to HR-RH@engagedri.ca. Please also supply a statement that details your salary expectations for the role. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply not later than September 7th, 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and asked at that time to supply names and contact information of three references who are knowledgeable about your work, at least one of whom is a current or recent direct supervisor.
NDRIO recognizes that challenges remain in achieving the full participation of equity-seeking groups (including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQ2+) in research careers and is committed to identifying and eliminating barriers that may exist within its own hiring process, programs, and practices.