Company: New Digital Research Infrastructure Organization (NDRIO)
Position Title: Member & Stakeholder Relations Coordinator
Location: Remote, anywhere in Canada
Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Interested candidates are asked to supply a statement that details salary expectations for the role.
The Member & Stakeholder Relations Coordinator supports NDRIO’s relationship with its 140+ Members and other stakeholders through timely correspondence and outreach, well-executed events, and the management of NDRIO’s Stakeholder Relationship Management (SRM) system. The incumbent will play a lead role planning and executing both the Member and stakeholder outreach strategies, and support and promote NDRIO-led and NDRIO-sponsored events. The Coordinator will serve as the chief keeper of Member and stakeholder records and will help train and support others within NDRIO to make optimal use of the SRM system. NDRIO deeply values relationships with a range of stakeholders across Canada and abroad; it also values technology and data management. The Coordinator also provides support to the full Communications & External Relations team in overseeing communications administration and coordination, planning, data gathering and analysis, and other duties as required. This is an opportunity for the right individual to help develop the Member and stakeholder engagement backbone and supports to help NDRIO achieve its mandate. The Member & Stakeholder Relations Coordinator is a member of the Communications & External Relations team and reports to the Manager, Member & Stakeholder Relations.
- Serve as lead manager of NDRIO’s Member and SRM system, supporting others within the organization so that the system’s value is optimized.
- Ensure that NDRIO’s Member and SRM system is set up and optimized to align with the strategies and activities that drive NDRIO’s member and stakeholder outreach plan.
- Assist in the general planning and implementation of programs designed to cultivate, maintain, and strengthen Member ties; this includes supporting the creation of impactful programs that enhance Member engagement, renewal and growth.
- Assist in the general planning and implementation of NDRIO’s Communications & External Relations strategy, plan, and approach, coordinating with members of the Communications & External Relations team and providing support as needed.
- Lead in gathering data, reporting, and analyzing the effectiveness of NDRIO’s Member and stakeholder outreach program, as well as other engagement activities such as email marketing, social media, website visits, and event participation.
- Handle the production and/or distribution of Member and stakeholder communication materials to help keep audiences abreast of consultation efforts, organizational achievements, etc.
- Guide prospective Members through the Member-intake process and oversee the logistics of the Member renewal process.
- Work with the internal NDRIO team to ensure timely completion of administrative tasks related to membership and payment processing, coordination of membership renewals, production of membership reports, updating membership data on the website and in other functional systems.
- Support the development and facilitation of the Member and stakeholder communications strategy through a number of tactics, including needs assessments, email campaigns and other digital outreach efforts, and surveys.
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders with the intent to promote NDRIO’s engagement efforts, opportunities and growth.
- Correspond by email with Members as a first point-of-contact, in a timely and brand-aligned manner.
- Maintain and manage Member and stakeholder records in the Stakeholder Relationship Management System, adhering to privacy requirements.
- Design appropriate processes, including auto-email workflows for Member sign-up, renewals, expiration and deactivation.
- Support the technical delivery of Member and stakeholder meetings and events, both virtual and in-person, aided by others in Communications and IT as needed.
- Help internal NDRIO teams engage in effective collaborative relationships with Member and stakeholder programs.
- Perform cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- Knowledge normally associated with a college, undergraduate and/or Masters-level degree in communications, marketing, sales or equivalent.
- Expertise in member and/or stakeholder-based outreach and communications support attained by at least three years of work experience.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.; SRM/CRM-style applications; and email marketing programs.
- Knowledge/experience supporting logistics for virtual and in-person meetings and events.
- Knowledge/experience analyzing and packaging engagement-related data.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Adaptability in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced delivery environment.
- Professional and friendly attitude with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Experience or knowledge in the area of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) is an asset.
- Relevant professional certifications are an asset.
- Experience working within a member-based organization is an asset.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
To apply, please send your resume and covering letter with the subject line Member & Stakeholder Relations Coordinator to HR-RH@engagedri.ca. Please also supply a statement that details your salary expectations for the role. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply not later than October 20th, 2021.
NDRIO recognizes that challenges remain in achieving the full participation of equity-seeking groups (including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQ2+) in research careers and is committed to identifying and eliminating barriers that may exist within its own hiring process, programs, and practices.