Company: New Digital Research Infrastructure Organization
Position Title: Manager of Stakeholder & Member Relations
Location: Remote, anywhere in Canada
Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Interested candidates are asked to supply a statement that details salary expectations for the role.
The New Digital Research Infrastructure Organization (NDRIO) is seeking an exceptional bridge-builder to advance the NDRIO vision and mission. Reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Communications, the Manager of Stakeholder & Member Relations is principally responsible for leading NDRIO’s stakeholder and member engagement functions, supporting the development of multifaceted communications and stakeholder engagement strategies and tactical plans, and for achieving consistency of messaging in line with NDRIO’s mandate, strategic priorities, and brand objectives. The Manager will play a key role in managing NDRIO’s relationships with the public, membership and other relevant stakeholders and community partners to build positive relationships, increase the NDRIO’s profile and support the organization’s advocacy efforts.
The Manager will work with all staff to ensure that NDRIO’s communications and engagement efforts and all related collateral are high quality, effective and consistent with our overall brand and reputational objectives. The plan and its execution will be guided by the organization’s strategic vision and objectives and will position NDRIO as a dynamic, innovative research support organization. The incumbent will also support the development and implementation of NDRIO’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Action Plan, working with other leaders within NDRIO.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate, motivated professional looking to innovate new and effective means of communicating with stakeholders and who can link activities and tactics to organizational objectives. The Manager will thrive in a collaborative and cooperative environment with colleagues while driving projects independently. An exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently will be essential.
- In consultation with the Director of Strategic Communications, support the creation and conveyance of the organization’s internal and external communications through both strategy and accompanying tactical plans.
- Maximize member and stakeholder engagement and connectivity supported by thoughtful and purposeful communication, programs and digital media presence.
- Manage the development and delivery of NDRIO’s annual Member recruitment and retention program.
- Support the development and implementation of NDRIO’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) plan, working with and supporting other leaders within the organization.
- Build a strong and reputable outlook on the organization and sustain our organizational brand and reputation to ensure member satisfaction and a positive stakeholder image and perception.
- Maintain effective relationships with members and stakeholders so that the organization is positively portrayed (news releases, digital media campaigns, events, etc.).
- Plan and deliver member events.
- Create and maintain positive relationships by liaising with the research community, government, key associations, community partners and other stakeholders.
- Analyze situations and data, and apply critical thinking techniques and problem-solving skills, to maximize opportunities for the organization.
- Lead the implementation of the Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) process, maintaining data on current and prospective members and stakeholders.
- Foster strong organizational bonds and relationships between internal and external stakeholders and members to support NDRIO’s mandate.
- Track and report against activity within the portfolio.
- Perform cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- Knowledge normally associated with an undergraduate and/or Masters-level degree in communications, journalism, political science or English.
- Significant experience working in communications leadership roles attained by at least five to seven years of work experience.
- Experience in business writing, communications and government relations.
- Experience in sustainability, corporate social responsibility and/or Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
- Broad knowledge of best practices in public and stakeholder relations and strategic communications, including media, community and government relations and advocacy.
- Ability to think critically and provide strategic communications counsel that considers various perspectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in both of Canada’s two official languages.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships across a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Ability to work in high-pressure work environments, with competing priorities, and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide critical analysis and recommendations of proposed communications and policy opportunities from a variety of perspectives.
- A strong and inclusive team leader.
- Strategic, analytical thinker with strong interpersonal skills, able to work comfortably with senior executives and across organizational functions.
- Knowledge/experience with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., and general comfort learning new communications-related SaaS solutions (e.g., Jambo).
- Exceptional judgment and discretion with the ability to problem solve and generate action from ambiguity.
- Superior leadership and time management skills, with outstanding planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to collaborate and lead complex projects and high-functioning teams.
- Adaptability in a dynamic, complex, and fast-paced delivery environment.
- Creativity and experience with a wide range of innovative communications approaches.
- Strong ownership and partnering skills – a natural builder and change agent.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Other relevant professional certifications are an asset.
- Experience in non-profit, digital research infrastructure, technology and/or post-secondary education is an asset.
To apply, please send your resume and covering letter with the subject line Manager, Stakeholder & Member Relations to HR-RH@engagedri.ca. Please also supply a statement that details your salary expectations for the role. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply not later than Friday, July 23rd, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
NDRIO recognizes that challenges remain in achieving the full participation of equity-seeking groups (including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQ2+) in research careers and is committed to identifying and eliminating barriers that may exist within its own hiring process, programs, and practices.